musings and photography from a travel junkie

Monday, November 05, 2001

Florida is Neato

I arrived in St. Petersburg, FL on Friday (after having all my luggage and person searched...twice) and was whisked away to the yacht that will serve as my home for the next six months. It's really nice. There's a large living room, a covered back deck, small kitchen, a master bedroom, guest room, and my room at the bow of the ship. My room is relatively spacious with a dresser, small closet and bunk bed with two little windows that I can look out of when I'm on the top bunk. It also has a sunroof/escape hatch that I can climb out of when I want to get closer to the warm Florida sun.

Speaking of which...the weather has not been of the highest caliber since my arrival. There was some worry that St. Petersburg was in the path of Hurricane Michelle (ironic, no?), but as of yesterday, it seems that we're not in harms way...
Unfortunately, one of the side effects of having a hurricane pass close by, is an increase in water movement. Even though the yacht is in a relatively well-protected harbor, the boat still rocks rather violently from side to side, making me green - and not with envy.
Thank goodness for Dramamine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home