musings and photography from a travel junkie

Thursday, November 29, 2001

The Mullet

Despite its dwindling numbers in the rest of North America, I'm pleased to report that the Mullet appears to be thriving in Florida. Whether this is due to the abundance of cheap beer and 80's metal or the superior climate has not yet been ascertained, but intensive studies of the Mullet's social, work and breeding habits are being conducted as we speak.

On November 15, 2001 I submitted a proposal to the Endangered Mullet Society for a grant to study this rare and misunderstood creature. I hope to shed more light on its social behavior patterns and its offspring rearing practices. (It has been noted in past studies that the offspring of Mullets do not necessarily stay with the flock and occasionally exhibit distinctly non-Mullet behavior, such as a comprehension of basic math skills and the ability to form complete sentences).

I am very excited about the proposed study and I anxiously await the reply from the EMS (Endangered Mullet Society). I'll be sure to keep you updated on the proposal and my upcoming research.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home